Far, far too long....
My, oh my, where do I even begin? It is awful that I have not kept up with this blog. Unfortunately, dealing with the throes of PPD took me away from regular postings, but I am fully recovered, living life with zest, and I cannot let more time pass where I do not document Andrew and the girl's growth. They are blossoming, and, truthfully in just the past week Andrew has changed from a "baby" to a boy with a mouth full of words. He is now 21 months old, and just last Friday we had our belated 18 month check-up for him. We expressed our mild concerns over his lack of verbiage, and the pediatrician was on-board with getting EI involved just to help, but we're moving so getting him into EI up here now is pointless. It is also pointless to even consider EI when we do move because the moment we left the doctor's office Andrew's words exploded. And, I mean exploded with gusto! It is now one week and two days from that appointment. His words, in no particular order are, Da, Mommy, Julia, Charlotte, help, milk, Bubbe, I love you, meow, woof, up, off, down, uh-oh, sound of "giggle", hi, hello, Memere, Poppie, pepper, cup, banana, and, binky. He also waves hello and bye, and high fives. He is a lover of all things musical and LOVES to dance. He goes to the tv with the Wii remote and shakes it and does little dances in front of it because he knows the girls play Just Dance and dance in front of the tv. He also understands when we hand hims something and tell him to put it in the trash. He does. He is 23 pounds and I forget the height, but it was only 15%. We have another shorty on our hands. He is a HAM. When he gives Daddy kisses he sticks his tongue out right before the kiss and licks him. He thinks it is hysterical every time, and Chris acts shocked even though he knows it is coming. Just today he has started to clasp his hands behind his back, and looks like an old man. I told him he had a poopie diaper today, and he went and started climbing the stairs because he knows I change him upstairs. I had no idea he could put the two together. He is definitely a Daddy's boy and would much rather hang with him than me right now. When Daddy leaves he can quite often be found on his back or belly on the floor crying right after his departure. He has an evil little side to him-said with love. He likes to climb stairs, hit the cat if he can get away with it, climb on the table, and he is a magnet to any gate that may have been left open, or the cabinet that has the one broken baby lock. Which is a whole new thing altogether to our family because we never had to childproof with Julia or Charlotte! He is into EVERYTHING! There is not anything non-bolted down that is safe, and I cannot take my eyes off him. Back to his love of dance. Anytime he hears a beat, or someone sings his hands are in the air, and quite often he is shaking his booty. If he is crying, or doing anything, and you start singing the ABC's he will immediately stop doing whatever it was he was doing and start slapping his thighs. They do that at daycare. He has started taking the broom and dustpan which we have on a long handle and carries them around. He sweeps with the DUSTPAN, and he will empty the dustpan wrong side up over the trash. As I mentioned, he knows the word binky and boy, does he love it. He gets it at naptime at daycare, and then when he comes home he MUST sit in his highchair and suck on his binky for a few minutes. It has a strap attached that can be clipped to his clothes. His "thing" is he zones and plays with the strap. Both girls had a binky and we thought when it came time to give it up we were going to have major issues, but it actually went off without a hitch both times. I am hopeful this time around, but I am not stupid! I will be shocked if he gives it up without a fight, but we'll see. He also loves fans. He loves to watch them, and he has a fan with a remote in his room. I almost always carry him out of his room, and he is right at the height of the fan remote. He ALWAYS grabs it and makes it drop to the floor on our way out. Sometimes, I have forethought to hold his arms down on the way out, but most times I forget. Andrew has a few nick-names. Drew, Drewby,and Drewbear are the main ones. We never EVER call him Andy. In fact, when he started daycare the teacher laminated a bubble name "Andy" and I had her re-do it. He is just not an Andy. Don't ask!
I am going to end this post for now. I have so much more to get caught up on, but this is a good start. Hopefully, I can get some pics to load!










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home