Parenthood

Welcome! Here you will view pictures of my two beautiful daughters Julia (8/1/05) and Charlotte (6/7/07), and hear about the goings ons of our days. Enjoy and we love to receive comments!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fishing Excurision!

So Chris went fishing with his father on his boat on Sat. Ever since then Julia wants to go fishing...wants to go fishing....wants to go fishing. You get the idea!

So Chris took her to the store to pick out a fishing rod, and lucky for her they had a Dora rod!

So the big night comes, and we all go to a nearby lake to fish. Before that Julia and Chris dug up worms in the backyard , and she loved it and loved holding them. It was EXTREMELY difficult for me not to run after her with the hand sanitizer! Bugs, dirt, bugs, dirt-not my thing!! (Thank you God, for giving me girls ;-)

So Chris and Julia had to climb down a somewhat steep enbankement to get to the water. Charlotte and I watched from the top, and I took some pics. Chris was proving how skilled he was. He caught a lot of trees! (got the hook stuck in branches many time!).

So Charlotte gets antsy and I decide to take her to the playground a little bit down the lake. We're there for 5 minutes, and I hear a blood curdling scream come from Julia. I grab Charlotte and run through the wilderness screaming to Chris "WHAT HAPPENED!?!?!" I figured she fell in the water or just fell.

Why did she scream?????? They caught a fish! It freaked her the heck out! OMG-Chris and I were dying! She had no real idea what fishing meant, apparently, and was totally grossed out and wanted nothing to do with the fish. However, when she came back to the car she was twisting a worm around her fingers and playing with "wormy" and wanted to bring the worm back home. Yuck!

So, we asked Julia if she wanted to go fishing again. She said yes, but she does not want to catch fish!















2 Comments:

  • At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Michelle (leilasmommy) said…

    Great pics! The girls are so cute :)

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger whatever11 said…

    ARE YOU SERIOUS!! HAVEN'T LAUGHED SO HARD IN A LONG TIME!! SHE IS PARTIALLY A GIRLIE GIRL!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home