Polygamy?
Chris got the feeling he had two wives tonight!
He has been away since Monday, and will not be back until late Thursday night.
Tonight he called late and Julia was still up (I was lazy about putting her to bed). So she gets on the phone and proceeds to tell Daddy all about her night. She had a ball seeing Auntie Jen and Addy at the mall! And, she told Chris everything she did, and I am sure he understood nothing but "elephants" which probably perplexed him (Rainforest Cafe).
So then she says-clear as day as she is opening the fridge like she is going to help herself to a snack:
"Daddy, you need to come home. I am big girl, and I can tell you that. You need to come home now."
Chris thought he had a second wife! It was pretty funny!
On an unrelated note I am not sure if I have ever mentioned Julia's memory here (evidence that she does not take after me!). Her memory is insane and scary and incredible all at the same time. She will say the randomest things about something that happened forever ago, and I swear there are many times I will get a shiver through my spine over something she remembered.
This morning I got her dressed, and I put her in an outfit that our friends Wei, Ying, and Andy brought for her when they came to visit a few months ago. Julia says to me, "Andy brought me this." It just blows my mind she remembered that.
Her memory is even far more reaching than that. Tonight while we walked around the mall with Auntie Jen and Addy we ended up in the Rainforest Cafe store. Julia tells us she was afraid and did not like the thunder and elephants when we went there last time. "Last time" was either right after Charlotte was born (2 years ago when she was 2!), or even before Charlotte was born. Jen and I just looked at each other in amazement (we had eaten there at that time with Jen).
I pray, for her sake, her memory stays as good as it is now. That will help her so much in school.
We had so much fin tonight at Picture People with Addy. Addy is so sweet and smiling and just plain adorable. When she was having her picture taken and started to get fussy Julia started talking to her in a baby voice, and she got Addy to smile. It was so sweet. Julia loves to hold her hand and touch her face (all things first time Mommy Auntie Jen loves!! ;-), and you can tell that she just adores Addy. Charlotte was very cute with her as well saying "baby" and "Baby Addy" over and over and patting Addy's head. I am so thrilled these girls will all get to grow up together!
He has been away since Monday, and will not be back until late Thursday night.
Tonight he called late and Julia was still up (I was lazy about putting her to bed). So she gets on the phone and proceeds to tell Daddy all about her night. She had a ball seeing Auntie Jen and Addy at the mall! And, she told Chris everything she did, and I am sure he understood nothing but "elephants" which probably perplexed him (Rainforest Cafe).
So then she says-clear as day as she is opening the fridge like she is going to help herself to a snack:
"Daddy, you need to come home. I am big girl, and I can tell you that. You need to come home now."
Chris thought he had a second wife! It was pretty funny!
On an unrelated note I am not sure if I have ever mentioned Julia's memory here (evidence that she does not take after me!). Her memory is insane and scary and incredible all at the same time. She will say the randomest things about something that happened forever ago, and I swear there are many times I will get a shiver through my spine over something she remembered.
This morning I got her dressed, and I put her in an outfit that our friends Wei, Ying, and Andy brought for her when they came to visit a few months ago. Julia says to me, "Andy brought me this." It just blows my mind she remembered that.
Her memory is even far more reaching than that. Tonight while we walked around the mall with Auntie Jen and Addy we ended up in the Rainforest Cafe store. Julia tells us she was afraid and did not like the thunder and elephants when we went there last time. "Last time" was either right after Charlotte was born (2 years ago when she was 2!), or even before Charlotte was born. Jen and I just looked at each other in amazement (we had eaten there at that time with Jen).
I pray, for her sake, her memory stays as good as it is now. That will help her so much in school.
We had so much fin tonight at Picture People with Addy. Addy is so sweet and smiling and just plain adorable. When she was having her picture taken and started to get fussy Julia started talking to her in a baby voice, and she got Addy to smile. It was so sweet. Julia loves to hold her hand and touch her face (all things first time Mommy Auntie Jen loves!! ;-), and you can tell that she just adores Addy. Charlotte was very cute with her as well saying "baby" and "Baby Addy" over and over and patting Addy's head. I am so thrilled these girls will all get to grow up together!


1 Comments:
At 1:00 PM,
Twinkle Toes said…
That is so sweet. Your girls are such sweethearts, I love it! Addy is beautiful and lucky to have 2 "big sisters"!
Post a Comment
<< Home