Parenthood

Welcome! Here you will view pictures of my two beautiful daughters Julia (8/1/05) and Charlotte (6/7/07), and hear about the goings ons of our days. Enjoy and we love to receive comments!

Friday, April 17, 2009

Just so proud of my girls..........

Julia never ceases to amaze us. She is truly the best big sister ever.

The other day I was on the computer and the girls were sitting on the floor next to each other watching tv. I was behind them so they could not see what I was doing. I happened to look up, and Julia was putting her arm around Charlotte, and leaned in and kissed her on the side of the face and said, "I love you, Char Char". It is just so amazing to us how incredible she is with her. If Charlotte is crying Julia says, "I will be right there", and if Charlotte is awake in the crib and I do not move fast enough to get her Julia tells me, "I will go get her". I am not quite sure HOW she thinks she will get her out of the crib, but the concern she has for Charlotte is heart melting. If Charlotte is crying she tells her it will be ok, or she will look for her binky for her. She overwhelms me with pride!

It should be interesting to see the dynamic between them as they get older. Charlotte is very willful and stubborn. She is so oposite what Julia was/is, and it makes me laugh-even her tantrums. Her tantrums are usually short lived, but ANYTHING can set her off. The other night we were blowing bubbles and I was trying to help her get the wand out of the bottle. Well, THAT pissed her off, and she collapsed on her bum and started kicking the dirt. Anyways, as she gets older and is able to express herself more I am curious to see if she will welcome Julia's embrace or push her away (as she did this am when Julia was standing too close to her highchair, lol).

Ironically, Charlotte is the more affectionate child. She loves to cuddle, and puts her arm tight around your neck and plays with your hair. She is the best cuddle bug, whereas the only time Julia really likes to cuddle is when she is sick. Right now my favorite time with Charlotte is right before bed. We read books, and then I cradle her with her blankie and her Happy (stuffed dog) and sing "You are my Sunshine". She sings the last word of every line with me, and oh my God the cuteness. I know the days of her allowing me to cradle her are numbered so I am fully enjoying them now.

Anyways, just wanted to document this for the girls to see when they're older. Their relationship right now just warms my heart. It is such a different experience from when I was kid. My brother and sister liked to pretend to call the police on me! Nice, right?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home