Just A Few Stories...
A conversation between Chris and Julia in the car Saturday.
C: I'm going to break your legs!
J: No, Daddy.
C: I'm going to break your face.
J: No Daddy, you can break my legs but not my face
We got quite a chuckle out of that.
Julia is talking NONSTOP about everything and anything. She is always packing her little purse to go to the doctor to get a shot, or to the store to buy eggs and milk. She is in love with these "flashcards" (what she calls them) which are actually long rectangular puzzle pieces from the Chik-Fil-A meal she had Friday night. She carries them everywhere, lines them up on the floor, and always hands one out to Chris, me, and Charlotte. After handing them out she'll say "Daddy, you all set?" then "Mommy, you all set?" When we give her the all clear she says "ok". Her job is done.
She has learned how to put her jacket on by herself, and God forbid we try to help her. She lays it on the floor, hood facing her, sticks her arms in and flips it up over her head and on. It is a great trick-one always sure to mess up her hair that I took the time to style. It does not matter where we are. We went out to dinner Monday night, and her jacket laid had to be laid on the floor for her to put on.
Sunday night she was up late because she had a late nap. She was playing with her babydoll my Mom got her for her 2nd b-day. She carries her around in a baby carrier, gives her rides in the doll stroller and just plays Mommmy. So she put her down for a nap, and that is when all hell broke loose. She just figured out that the eyes on the doll open and close. She came to me with her hands on her face "I don't like the dolly I don't like the eyes". We tried explaining to her that she is not real, but no dice. She would not go near it. She then sat in her soft chair and Chris made the doll come up over her shoulder (isn't he sweet?). Julia spazzed and threw the doll across the room! We were dying. The doll actually takes batter which I have never put in. I cannot imagine the heart failure Julia would suffer if this doll started making sounds!
She really is fantastic with Charlotte who we all affectionately call Char Char. This morning I was getting Julia out of her crib (never fun in the am-I do not have an early riser!)and she asked me where Char Char is. I think it's cute she refers to her by her nickname.
Charlotte is finally eating off the spoon-as long as we hold her chin for each and every bite. She is the epitome of adorable (not biased at all!) and such a joy. She laughs at everything Julia does and totally looks up to her. She is starting to sit in highchairs at restaurants, and she is watching every bite we put in our mouths. When she sees me making a bottle her arms and legs start flailing and she comes out with this maniacal laugh like she is getting a fix. It is pretty funny.
Anyways, nothing really new to report. Just a few stories!
C: I'm going to break your legs!
J: No, Daddy.
C: I'm going to break your face.
J: No Daddy, you can break my legs but not my face
We got quite a chuckle out of that.
Julia is talking NONSTOP about everything and anything. She is always packing her little purse to go to the doctor to get a shot, or to the store to buy eggs and milk. She is in love with these "flashcards" (what she calls them) which are actually long rectangular puzzle pieces from the Chik-Fil-A meal she had Friday night. She carries them everywhere, lines them up on the floor, and always hands one out to Chris, me, and Charlotte. After handing them out she'll say "Daddy, you all set?" then "Mommy, you all set?" When we give her the all clear she says "ok". Her job is done.
She has learned how to put her jacket on by herself, and God forbid we try to help her. She lays it on the floor, hood facing her, sticks her arms in and flips it up over her head and on. It is a great trick-one always sure to mess up her hair that I took the time to style. It does not matter where we are. We went out to dinner Monday night, and her jacket laid had to be laid on the floor for her to put on.
Sunday night she was up late because she had a late nap. She was playing with her babydoll my Mom got her for her 2nd b-day. She carries her around in a baby carrier, gives her rides in the doll stroller and just plays Mommmy. So she put her down for a nap, and that is when all hell broke loose. She just figured out that the eyes on the doll open and close. She came to me with her hands on her face "I don't like the dolly I don't like the eyes". We tried explaining to her that she is not real, but no dice. She would not go near it. She then sat in her soft chair and Chris made the doll come up over her shoulder (isn't he sweet?). Julia spazzed and threw the doll across the room! We were dying. The doll actually takes batter which I have never put in. I cannot imagine the heart failure Julia would suffer if this doll started making sounds!
She really is fantastic with Charlotte who we all affectionately call Char Char. This morning I was getting Julia out of her crib (never fun in the am-I do not have an early riser!)and she asked me where Char Char is. I think it's cute she refers to her by her nickname.
Charlotte is finally eating off the spoon-as long as we hold her chin for each and every bite. She is the epitome of adorable (not biased at all!) and such a joy. She laughs at everything Julia does and totally looks up to her. She is starting to sit in highchairs at restaurants, and she is watching every bite we put in our mouths. When she sees me making a bottle her arms and legs start flailing and she comes out with this maniacal laugh like she is getting a fix. It is pretty funny.
Anyways, nothing really new to report. Just a few stories!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home